Science & Technology
Gyeongsangbuk-do is focusing on its aim of becoming known as "Science and Technology Gyeongsangbuk-do" by integrating its traditional industries with R&D innovative systems, which create cutting-edge technologies and nurtures strategic new high-technology industries.
Purposes of Establishment
- "Gyeongbuk Techno-Park" and "Pohang Techno-Park" Science and Technology Innovation bases have been built.
- Local industries are being encouraged to start joint ventures with universities, research centers, and institutes as well as governmental organizations.
Strong Points of Gyeongsangbuk-do’s Growth
Southwestern area - IT industries (appliances, electronics, and information-related machinery)
- The largest electronic industry complex in South Korea is the center of the further development of the IT industry.
- Cutting-edge mobile industry support centers, Gyeongbuk TP, and Gyeongbuk High-Tech Village are currently in operation.
- The IT Industry Belt of Gumi, Chilgok, and Gyeongsan is scheduled to be built.
East Sea coast area - NT industries (steel and new materials)
- The NT industry is working cooperatively with excellent research talents and competitive companies in the field of steel and new component industries in the Pohang area.
- Pohang TP, Technology Innovation Center of Metallic New Materials, and Pohang Intelligent Robot Institutes were established.
- Gyeongsangbuk-do is nurturing the NT industry by facilitating the steel industry in Pohang, and a new metallurgy material technology.
Northern area - BT industries (the traditional Oriental medicine, agriculture, and marine sectors)
- Specialized and medicinal crops will be cultivated in the northern area of Gyeongsangbuk-do to help develop the BT industries of the traditional Oriental medicine, agriculture, and marine sectors.
- Traditional Oriental Medicine Resources Development Center, Gyeongsangbuk-do Bio-industry Institue, and Gyeongsangbuk-do Marine Science Research Complex are operational.
- 담당부서 :
- 전화번호 :
- 업데이트 날짜 :