Andong International Mask Dance Festival

Lifestyle Information

Foreigner Registration [top]

Foreigners can stay in Korea within the limit of status and duration that the visa allows.

  • Alien Registration
    • Foreigners who stay for more than 90 days after their arrival in the Republic of Korea must get registered.
    • Exceptions : Foreigners with Diplomacy (A-1), Government Affair (A-2), Pact Treaty (A-3), Culture and Arts (D-1), Religion (D-6), Visiting and Cohabitation with Relatives (F-1), Family Dependency (F-3) or other (G-1) visa for Canadian citizens who will stay less than 6 months in Korea.
  • Alien registration period
    • Foreigners who intend to stay for more than 90 days in the Republic of Korea : within 90 days after the date of their arrival in Korea.
    • Foreigners who became eligible to stay or foreigners who changed their status of stay : immediately
  • Method of alien registration
    • Submit the required documents to the immigration offices or branch offices
    • Documents to be submitted : Certificate of Alien Registration application form, Passport, 1 color photograph, Documents required for individual staying status, Application fee
  • Alien Registration Rules
    • Foreigners who stay in Korea should carry a passport or his/her alien registration card.
    • Foreigner who stay in Korea should present a passport or his/her alien registration card when requested by an immigration officer or an government officer who has authority to do so.

Permanent Residence Application

<Permanent Residence Application of Married Immigrant Women>

  • Eligibility
    • You can apply for permanent residency if you are maintaining a married status with a Korean spouse; if your Korean spouse has died or is pronounced as missing by the court; if you are divorced or separated from your Korean spouse for reasons pertaining to your spouse; or if you are raising a minor who is your offspring with your Korean spouse although your marital status has been suspended.
  • Calculation of Length of Stay
    • You must continue to stay in the country without a record of complete departure. A period under three (3) months that you were out of the country with re-entry approval will, however, be recognized as a stay in the Republic of Korea.
  • The following cannot apply for a permanent resident permit:
    • Submit the required documents to the immigration offices or branch offices
    • Documents to be submitted : Certificate of Alien Registration application form, Passport, 1 color photograph, Documents required for individual staying status, Application fee

Marriage and Nationality

  • Acquisition of foreign spouse’s nationality
    • The following must receive naturalization approval from the Minister of Justice:
    • 1) a foreigner whose marital status to his/her Korean spouse lasted for two (2) years or more while staying in the Republic of Korea; and
    • 2) a foreigner whose marital status to his/her Korean spouse lasted for more than three (3) years while staying in the Republic of Korea for more than a year.
  • Acquisition of nationality in the case of living together without marriage registration
    • The foreign spouse who submitted the marriage registration in the Korean spouse’s family register public office and whose marriage registration appears in the copy of the Korean spouse’s family register can apply for simple naturalization (naturalization by marriage). In the case of being in a common-law relationship, the person must have lived in the Republic of Korea for more than five (5) years before applying for general naturalization.
  • Sojourn period suspension in the case of departure from the country within the domestic-stay period
    • As a general rule, the domestic sojourn period (calculated from the arrival date) will be suspended if the person leaves the country during such period, and the two-(2)-year sojourn period starts again on the day of re-entry. In the case, however, where the continuity of domestic sojourn and the maintenance of livelihood before and after the departure are recognized as similar to the case of entering the country again after departing with re-entry permission, it will be deemed that the person has stayed in the country, and as such, the sojourn periods before and after the departure will be combined.
  • Childbirth and acquisition of the child’s nationality
    • Even after a child is born, acquisition of nationality can be applied for only if the parent’s sojourn stay in the Republic of Korea has been more than two (2) years under legal married status. If a child is born, however, the sojourn status inspection will be cancelled, and the period required for naturalization permission review will be shortened.
  • Procedure of RRN issuance after acquiring naturalization permission
    • 1) Family registration report
    • 2) Renunciation of foreign nationality
    • 3) Verification of foreign nationality renunciation
    • 4) Application for RRN issuance
    • 5) Return of foreign registration card
  • Loss of nationality in the case of the Korean spouse’s passing after naturalization and registration to the spouse’s family register
    • A foreign woman who obtained her Korean nationality after getting married to a Korean man will not lose her Korean nationality even after the death of her Korean spouse or remarriage.
  • Acquisition of nationality of a child born prior to the naturalization of the foreign parent
    • Adoption by a Korean
      • The adopting person shall submit the accomplished Special Naturalization application form to the Nationality and Refugee Division of the Ministry of Justice after submitting the adoption report document to the place of the Korean spouse’s family register, and the adoption (under 20 years of age only) appears in the family register. In the case of adopting an adult child, the concerned party must have stayed in the Republic of Korea for a period of up to three (3) years before applying for acquisition of nationality.
    • applying for acquisition of nationality (accompanying acquisition)
      • In the case where it is the foreign spouse who is submitting the accomplished naturalization permission application form, if the person ticks the “Accompanying Acquisition” box, the person’s child under 20 years of age can acquire Korean nationality along with him/her. At this time, the person must attach the supporting document or the document that proves the parent-child relationship.

About Foreigner’s Stay

The procedure of domestic departure and entry of foreign workers will be subject to the Immigration Control Law. Therefore, foreign workers who want to find employment in the Republic of Korea must implement the procedure in accordance with the Immigration Control Law, such as registering as a foreigner after entering the country following the issuance of a work visa, reporting any change of residence or workplace, and receiving approval for such change.

Marriage Registration [top]

For an international marriage to be valid in the Republic of Korea, the wedding party must be equipped with the marriage requirements specified by the relevant law of each person’s country, and at the same time, the marriage record must be recorded in the Family Relation Register by registering the marriage.

  • Procedure
    • Reporting Agency: Gu (borough) office
    • Necessary documents:
      • a certificate of the marriage requirements of the foreign party, and a translated copy
      • a notarial certificate of the foreign party’s nationality (family relation register, birth certificate, copy of passport, copy of status register, etc.)
      • a copy of the marriage certificate (the signatures or seals of both wedding parties and two adult witnesses)
      • IDs of both wedding parties

Notice of Death

    • If the registered foreigner has passed away, his/her spouse, parent, the person defined by clause 1, Article 89 of the Immigration Control Law, or the owner or manager of the building or land where the person had passed away must submit the person’s foreigner registration card, medical certificate, or death certificate and other proof of death within fourteen (14) days from learning the death, or within thirty (30) days from the date of the person’s passing, to the immigration office within the jurisdiction.
    • In the case of repatriating the body to the native country, the person in charge must contact the concerned embassy, and if cremation is desired, a death certificate, an autopsy report, and the original copy of the confirmation of death are needed.
    • Please call the Immigration Contact Center (1345) for more specific information.

Birth Registration

The child of foreigners who is born in the Republic of Korea will be given a birth certificate by the corresponding embassy. The parent must obtain the child’s passport after its birth, and must apply for the child’s visa at the immigration office within thirty (30) days from the birth. At the time of visa application, the parent’s foreigner registration card, the birth certificate issued by the embassy, two (2) photos, and KRW50,000 in service charge must be provided by the applicant. (The necessary documents may vary depending on the type of visa being applied for.)

Please call the Immigration Contact Center (1345) for more specific information.

Pregnancy Information

  • Post-Conception Body Changes
    • No menstruation: In some rare cases, the mother may spot a trace of bloodstain in the beginning of the pregnancy (up to the first month).
    • The quantity of vaginal discharge will increase, and it will turn white.
    • Nausea: The pregnant woman will lose her appetite and will vomit, experience nausea, or crave for some food that she normally does not eat.
    • The breasts will become bigger, and the nipples will become dark brown and will be sensitive to touch.
  • Diet for Pregnant Women
    • As the mother’s nutritive condition has a tremendous influence on the baby, mothers have to ingest a good mix of nutrients and should not skip a meal.
  • Regular Check-up
    • Regular Check-up
      Pregnancy Period Frequency
      Up to 7 months Once a month
      8-9 months Twice a month
      10th month Once a week

Childbirth Information

  • Antenatal Exercise
    • Ankle exercise: Strengthens the ankles to enable them to support the increased weight
    • Leg exercise: Helps with blood circulation.
    • Pelvic exercise: Trains the stomach and waist muscles
    • Candle-blowing exercise: Strengthens the stomach and chest
    • Squatting exercise: Helps with the delivery by expanding the pelvis
  • Living Inspection before Childbirth
    • Stick a memo with the emergency contact number where it will be in plain view.
    • Pack the back before the hospital stay.
    • Take a bath or a shower frequently.
  • Baby Supplies
    • Clothing: swaddling clothes (3), cap, underwear, bib, diaper, and cover
    • Beddings: blanket, mattress, pillow, swaddle blanket (2), cover blanket (1)
    • Bath: towel (3-4), loofah (1), gauze cloth (10), baby bathtub, cotton swab, baby oil, baby soap, baby shampoo
    • Others: thermometer, humidifier, etc.
    • Nursing supplies:
      • [For feeding formula] Baby bottle (4 small, 2 large), sterilizer, tongs, brush, washing detergent, dryer, thermos, formula
      • [For breastfeeding] No special product to prepare
  • Delivery

    Natural delivery is when the mother normally gives birth to the child through her vagina.

    • Advantages of natural delivery:
      • The mother’s recovery rate will be faster, and she can move around immediately after the delivery, which will enable easier nursing compared to the mothers who underwent Cesarean section.
      • Although the mother will feel pain during the delivery, the post-delivery pain will be limited to a slight degree of pain from episiotomy or uterine contraction.
      • The blood loss will be less than that with Cesarean section.
      • The pressure applied to the baby during the delivery process will naturally discharge the amniotic fluid or foreign substances accumulated in the baby’s lungs and bronchial tubes.
      • The baby, who will suffer the same pain during the delivery, will develop greater patience.
      • The hospital stay period will be shorter, and the cost will be lower.
      • There will be less surgery risk, and it will leave no scar.
      • It will make the next delivery easier.

Parenting Information

In the case of the birth of a child of a foreign worker staying in the Republic of Korea, the nationality of the child will be decided in accordance with the Nationality Act. Regardless of the nationality of the child, if a child is born, the parent can file a birth registration in the Republic of Korea in accordance with the Act on Family Relation Registration. If a school-age child with a foreign nationality is sojourning in the Republic of Korea, the child can attend an elementary and secondary school in the Republic of Korea.

Traffic [top]

  • Trains
    • In Korea, train services are divided into three categories : KTX (high speed train), Saemaeul and Mugunghwa. KTX is the fastest and the facilities are the coziest. The Saemaeul train is higher costed and faster than the Mungunghwa train.
    • Please visit, for detailed information about train timetable and online registration of tickets.
  • Express bus
    • Express bus services are categorized into Udeung (superior) and Ilban (general) services.Udeung express bus has larger seats and are more comfortable so the fare is a little bit expensive.
    • For detailed information about express bus schedule, terminal location, etc., please visit,
  • Taxi
    • There are three categories of taxis : Ilban(general), Mobeom (exemplary), and Call taxis.
    • Mobeom and Call taxis are more luxurious and their fares are more expensive.
    • Fares are calculated by considering distance and time. Fare systems vary depending upon individual local governments.
    • Taxis with "Free Interpretation" sticker provide free English, Japanese & Chinese interpretation services.

Driver’s License

  • Change of Foreign License to Korean License
    • A person with a foreign driver's license shall submit required documents including the confirmation by the embassy to verify the authenticity of the license. If the license is verified, it can be exchanged for a Korean license after passing an aptitude test or a simple written test. The requirements of a simple written test is decided by the issuing nations of driver's licenses valid in Korea.
    • Foreign licenses are only valid when it is a full license with valid term. Temporary, learner's provisional, probationary licenses and driver's permits and certificates cannot be exchanged for a Korean license.
  • Required Documents when changing to Korean License
    • Original foreign license, confirmation issued by the nation of origin's embassy in Korea or Korean embassy in the nation of origin, passport, alien registration card, 3 color photos, fee
  • International License
    • Even if the term of international driver's license is valid, according to international conventions or relative laws of the nation, the license may not be valid if the person has stayed in the nation for over 1 year. When driving with an international driver's license, the person must have a Korean driver's license and passport in possession.
  • Aquisition of Korean License
    • There are class 1 large and special licenses and class 1 regular, class 1 regular and small licenses available in Korea depending on vehicles. The foreigner needs to take traffic safety training, physical test and pass the written test, technical skill test, road driving test to acquire a Korean driver's license.
    • Written test is available in foreign languages for foreigners.
  • Documents
    • Written test : Alien Registration Card, Application Form, 3 half-business card size photos, Fee
    • Function test : Alien Registration Card, Application form, Fee
    • Road driving test : Alien Registration Card, Application form, Fee
      *Traffic Safety Training Phone reservation to examination course is needed (Online reservation is not available for foreigner).
  • Aptitude test and renewal of the Driver's License
    • Class I Driver's License holders must take an aptitude test within the period specified on their Driver's License. Class II Driver's License holders must renew their license within the period specified on their Driver's License.
      * Visit for detailed information about the Driver's License, including test location, contacts, tests, etc.

Banking [top]

  • Korean currency
    • The unit of Korean currency is "Won".
      There are six types of coins : 1Won, 5Won, 10Won, 50Won, 100Won, 500Won.
      And there are four types of bills : 1,000Won, 5,000Won, 10,000Won, 50,000Won.
  • How to open the bank account
    • To open bank accounts, it is needed to visit nearby banks with the Alien Registration Card and the passport. Fill out the application form by providing personal information, such as name and address. The opening of the bank account is completed after depositing a certain amount of money.
  • Deposit, withdrawal, ATM
    • You may deposit or withdraw through ATM using your debit card which you receive when you open a bank account. You should input your pin number and pay certain amount of fee when using it after the banking hour or another bank's ATM machine.
  • Paying for utility bills
    • Some banks don't accept payments for utility bills at the count these days. In this case, use an automated payment machine at the bank or go to a post office. It is more convenient if you apply for automated withdrawal on the date you choose so the utility bills are withdrawn from your bank account.
  • Money exchange
    • Some banks provide foreign exchange service. For money exchange, passport or Alien Registration Card is needed. Generally, Korean shops do not accept foreign currencies so foreign currencies have to be changed into Korean Won.
  • How to remit money
    • There are three means of remitting money to overseas banks : wire, postal, and check remittance. Remittance of money is available at every bank that provides foreign currency services.
    • Wire remittance : It is the fastest and safest method. The name of bank, the name of the branch of the bank, bank account number, address, telephone number, and bank code are necessary.
    • Postal remittance : Postal service is used to remit money from the bank that provides foreign exchange service. Some time is necessary to process remittance request.
    • Remittance check : Bank check is directly sent to the recipient in a foreign country. Loss can occur.
  • Issuance of credit card
    • If you are a foreigner with F-4 or F-5 visa who is currently employed or has some property such as real-estate, you may get a credit card. There may be different conditions by credit card companies but you should submit your alien registration card, domestic stay report certification, and some documents that verifies your income, the card company will review your documents and determine whether or not to issue a credit card. Contact a credit card company for more information.

    Internet banking and tele-banking

    • Internet banking allows you to check the balance in your bank account and deposit, withdrawal, or remittance. You should have a secret card which is issued by your bank with the digital certificate which is issued by Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute. You may do bank transactions using tele-banking service using a telephone with your pin number and code table. You apply for Internet banking or tele-banking services at the bank.


Foreigner with an alien registration card can apply for telephone service by visiting any telephone company or calling (Korean and English speakers only). Alien registration cards and exact addresses need to be provided upon applying. Installation fees, base rates vary depending upon service providers so please

  • Area code
    • Area code need to be pressed before the phone numbers when making phone calls to different regions.
    • Area code
      Seoul 02
      Busan 051
      Daegu 053
      Ulsan 052
      Incheon 032
      Gwangju 062
      Daejeon 042
      Gyeonggi-do 031
      Gangwon-do 033
      Chungcheongbuk-do 043
      Chungcheongnam-do 041
      Gyeongsangbuk-do 054
      Gyeongsangnam-do 055
      Jeollabuk-do 063
      Jeollanam-do 061
      Jeju 064
  • International phone calls
    • Service code of international phone call company + country code + area code + phonenumber
  • Korean currency
    • Foreigners with alien registration card may open a mobile phone account with one's own name. Foreigners with no alien registration card usually use pre-paid mobile phone which is called 'card phone.' Buy a card that is charged with some amount and input the card number on the mobile phone. Unlike general mobile phones, there's no application fee or basic fee but call charge is a little expensive.
  • Korean currency
    • High-speed internet service may be used at most homes. The services and prices are different by each telecommunication companies so compare them before sign up. You may go to a PC cafe (24 hour) when it is hard to install the internet line at your house.

Postal Service

  • Postal Type
    • Express Mail Service (EMS) : EMS can deliver letters, documents and goods weighing up to 30kg to about 130 countries quickly and safely.
    • Regular Mail : Regular mail service can deliver mails in 3 days to various destinations in Korea.
    • Registered mail : Registered mail service provides tracking service.
    • Overnight Express : Overnight Express service will deliver mail by the following business day.
    • Parcel Service : Parcel Service delivers parcels by next business day. A parcel needs to be less than 30 kg and a fragile item need to be packed securely.
    • Postal Charge is different depending the weight.
    • Prohibited Items : coin, bill, dangerous items, drugs, flammable materials and etc.
    • Hours of Operation : Weekdays 09:00 ~ 18:00
      Contact : ☎1588-1300 / Homepage:

Employment/Work System [top]

If a foreign worker wants to find employment in the Republic of Korea, he/she must obtain the sojourn qualifications that enable employment activity for foreigners. The Act on the Employment of Foreign Workers is applied in regard to the employment and work of foreign workers, with the Non-professional Employment (E-9) Visa or Working Visit Employment (H-2) Visa among the sojourn qualifications for employment.

Protection of Rights

A foreign worker has the status of a worker. Thus, as with domestic workers, he/she has the fundamental labor rights and social constitutional rights in accordance with the labor-related statues, including the Labor Standard Act, Minimum Wage Act, and Wage Claim Guarantee Act, and the social-security-related statutes, including the National Pension Act, National Health Insurance Act, Employment Insurance Act, and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance Act.

Remedy for Violation of Private Rights

  • Remedy for Violation of Private Rights
    • In case the labor-related rights of a foreign worker are violated, he/she can restore the infringed rights through the Remedy for Violation of Private Rights. Also, if the foreign worker is the recipient of social security insurance and objects to the decision of the administrative agency on registration qualification, the insurance payment claim, and/or the received amount, he/she can receive the remedy for the violation through the remedy procedure for the violated right(s).

Employment Eligibility

A foreign worker with a Non-professional Employment (E-9) Visa or a Working Visit Employment (H-2) Visa who wants to find employment in the Republic of Korea must have the requirements set forth in the related statute, including a passing mark in the Test of Proficiency in Korea (TOPIK) and completion of the foreigner employment training.

Employment Procedures

  • The employment procedure for the qualified residents with a Non-professional Employment (E-9) Visa is as follows:
    1. ① Registration on the listings of foreign job seekers
    2. ② Employment recommendation by the director of the Employment Service Center
    3. ③ Finalization of employment contract
    4. ④ Application for visa issuance
    5. ⑤ Entry to South Korea
    6. ⑥ Completion of foreign workers’ employment education
    7. ⑦ Work commencement
  • The employment procedure for the qualified residents with a Working Visit (H-2) Visa is as follows:
    1. ① Completion of foreign workers’ employment education
    2. ② Job application
    3. ③ Finalization of employment contract
    4. ④ Foreigner registration
    5. ⑤ Work commencement

Residence and Moving [top]

  • Housing Rental
    • Wolse : A lump-sum deposit(relatively small amount compare to Jeonse) and monthly payment.
    • Jeonse : A lump-sum deposit is made and a tenant will receive the full deposit back after the contract(usually contract is for more than 2 years).
  • Cautions when making housing rental contracts
    • Purchase or rental of houses through housing agencies, which is safer, is preferable to direct contracts between leaseholders and tenants. When housing rental or purchase contract is completed, a certain amount of commission fee is paid to the housing agency.
    • Before signing contracts, contracts themselves(contract deposits, contract period, rent payment method, etc.) and the transcript of the land register(collateral security, provisional seizure, etc.) of the rented house should be carefully verified.
    • When making moving-in notification to the dong-office after moving into rented house, getting "confirmation date" on the lease contract protects tenant's rights.
  • Moving
    • In Korea, there are a lot of moving centers that provide all moving-related services, including packaging and moving belongings.
    • To use their services, it is needed to contact some of the centers and get an estimate of costs. Upon request, the employee from the center usually visits the prospective mover's home to prepare and sign moving contracts. When preparing contracts, movers should verify the content of the contract regarding issues that can be raised during moving.
    • In Korea, there are a lot of moving centers that provide all moving-related services, including packaging and moving belongings.
      * Visit for more information on real estate and agencies.

Electricity, Gas, and Water

  • Electricity
    • In Korea, 220 volts is the standard for home appliances. Foreigners should check the voltage for any appliance from their home country before use. If an appliance is for 110 voltage only, you should use a transformer.
    • All houses should have circuit breakers to prevent fires from electricity. Foreigners should check circuit breakers when moving into new houses. Circuit breaker's switch should go down when you press a test button.
  • Gas
    • To use the gas service, it is required to contact the urban gas company in the area. The company will come to install the gas system on the appointed date.
    • If the LP gas is used in the residence, it is needed to contact the nearby gas company and to ask for the installation of LP gas service.
    • You should close the gas valve after using LP gas and (city) gas.
  • Water
    • The piped water is available for all houses. It will be necessary, therefore, to check the water valve if water is not supplied when turning the tap.
    • Tap water in Korea is clean and safe to drink.
    • You should pay attention to the water pipes as it cannot be used due to frozen pipe during winter. Take care of the water gauge and exposed pipe not to be frozen.

Garbage Disposal System & Volume Rate

We implements 'pay as you throw' system in Korea in order to reduce the garbage as much as possible and dispose of or recycle the garbage effectively. The wastes from houses or offices should be contained in authorized garbage bag and put at designated spot to be collected. If one does not put the garbage into the standard bag or throw away at anywhere, he or she would be prosecuted under the law of managing the garbage and be liable to a fine of one million won or less.
General garbage, food garbage, recycleable garbage are separatedly collected. The collection dates are different by each city or gun so you should check the date before throw it out. Each city or gun also has different color of standard garbage bag and you should use the designated garbage bag in your residential area.

  • How to dispose the garbage by types
    • General garbage : Contain into standard garbage bag of your district which is sold at stores (5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 77, 100 liter)
      *Each district has different garbage bag and it may not be used at other places.
    • Food garbage : Drain off water and put into the bag for food garbage or throw into the food waste container. You should remove water from food garbage before throw it out. Vinyls, shells, toothpick, wooden chopsticks, animal bones (beef shank), plastic, metal, bottles, paper, egg shells shouldn't be put into the food waste container.
    • Recycle waste : Garbages such as plastic, can, bottle, and paper which are available for recycle should be separately put into the collection container.
      Recycle waste
      Category Examples How to dispose of How to throw out
      Paper Newspaper, magazine, book, milk carton, etc Bind papers. Wash milk cartons with water and then fold and bind. [ Apartment ]
      There are recycle containers next to the waste bin.
      Can Beer can, soft drink can, powered milk can, etc. Press the can to reduce the volume before throw it away.
      Glass Beverage bottle, food container (bottle), cosmetics bottle, etc. Throw it away as clean status for recycling. Some bottles may be sold to supermarkets (beer, soju, soft drink) [ Private house ]
      Put the garbage at designated spot outside your house then the garbage truck will collect it.
      Plastic Plastic bottle, Plastic case, container, etc. Wash out with water to eliminate alien substance.
    • Large waste :You should by a sticker from your eup/myeon/dong office or community center for large sized waste including bed, closet, drawer, dressing table, couch, table, desk, shoe rack, TV, gas oven range, air conditioner, refrigerator, or washing machine and throw it out in front of your house. The sticker price depends on the types and size of waste. Some districts sell the sticker at designated shops. You may be reliable for a fine if you throw out the large waste without a sticker.
      * The disposal of garbage may be different in some districts so please ask your city or gun office for more information.


Korea's taxes are categorized into national taxes collected by the central government (income tax, corporate tax, education tax, etc.) and local taxes collected by local governments (acquisition tax, registration tax, property tax, etc.). Like Korean people, foreigners residing in Korea must pay taxes.

  • How to pay the tax
    • Upon receiving tax notification, taxes can be paid at financial institutions such as banks and post offices.
    • Taxes can be paid by automatic transfer from banks or by credit cards.
      * Please visit the National Tac Service Website for more information on national tax and for local tax.

Public Order Observance

All people in the Republic of Korea are required to observe basic social rules that are established to keep urban environment in clean condition. Any violation of the basic social rules results in the imposition of fines.

  • Major basic social rules
    • The following behaviors are fined : smoking in non-smoking areas, spitting in the streets, urinating, unauthorized waste disposal, disposing cigarettes, unauthorized crossing of streets, violating traffic signs, not-fastening seat belts, etc.
    • Precaution of hiding in an empty house, secret possession of a weapon, or violation, false reporting or neglecting vulnerable people, pretending of the official organization, false publication, forced buying of product, false advertising, interference, unauthorized posting of advertisement, interfering the use of drinking water, damage on the nature, unauthorized operation of other's livestock or machine, interfering distribution through watercourse.
    • Injustice profit from begging, creating uneasy mood, drunken brawl, use of dangerous fire, throwing materials or other dangerous actions, neglected taking care of animals, misconduct with animals, unauthorized light out, neglected management of public path safety, false indication of name, false indication on the book of pawn shop.
    • Excessive exposure, noncompliance with fingerprint collection, street tax collection, teaching dance or providing the place secretly, buying or selling scalper ticket, unauthorized entering, playing around with gun or firearms, free ride, bilk a restaurant, displaying snake, crank call.

Assistance and Counseling Agencies for Foreigners [top]

  • Gyeongju-si
  • Gumi-si
  • Gyeongsan-si
  • Chilgok-gun
    • Help & Consultation Services
      Organization name Contact Website
      Chilgok Counseling Center 054-973-8290

Migrant Workers’ Center

  • Pohang-si
    • Migrant Workers’ Center
      Organization name
      Telephone Fax
      Nam-gu Counselling Center for Foreign Workers(Gyeongdong Church)
      34, 347 gil Haebyeong-ro Ocheon-eup Nam-gu, Pohang
      054-291-0191, 011-5161-9999 054-293-1377
      Buk-gu Counselling Center for Foreign Workers(Neulsarang Church)
      97 Uchangdong-ro Buk-gu, Pohang
      054-244-9950, 010-2752-4945 054-244-9958
  • Gyeongju-si
    • Migrant Workers’ Center
      Organization name
      Telephone Fax
      Gyeongju YMCA
      Baegyullo 8 Beongil 12, Gyeongju-si
      054-743-2888 054-743-2891
      Oedong-eup Youth Association
      Ipsillo 1Gil 84, Oedong-eup, Gyeongju-si
      054-746-1953 054-746-1954
  • Gumi-si
    • Migrant Workers’ Center
      Organization name
      Telephone Fax
      Catholic Cultural Center for Workers
      Baeksallo 28, Gumi-si
      054-455-2816 054- 452-6929
      Dreams Come True Maha Buddha Center
      Jisan1Gil 46-8, Gumi-si
      054-458-0755 054-458-0756
      Gumi Jeil Counselling Center for Foreign Workers
      Imsuro 80, Gumi-si
      054-471-8661 054-471-8659
  • Yeongcheon-si
    • Migrant Workers’ Center
      Organization name
      Telephone Fax
      Shelter for Migrant Foreign Workers
      Wansanjungang 3Gil 30, Yeongcheon-si
      054-333-9125 054-333-9126
  • Gyeongan-si
    • Migrant Workers’ Center
      Organization name
      Telephone Fax
      Gyeongsan Shelter for Migrant Foreign Workers
      Gongdan4Ro 149, Jillyang-eup, Gyeongsan-si
  • Foreign Laborer Counseling Center Services
    • Counseling Service on Labor, Law and other inconvenient details
    • Holding Korean Language Classes, Medical Support, Cultural Events